My raptured song shall ever be: God has been merciful to me!

3/4/17

Changing Scenes of Life

Well, what do you know. I posted again.

Let me tell you what's going on in my life. My sister is expecting twins, and my brother is about to have his first baby! Lots of babies in my family right now. I am the happy babysitter to an amazing family who treat me like one of their family, and I am able to start saving for a rainy day.

I think I've posted in the past that my family and I have been looking around Tupelo for a church we can call home. It took a while, and we were very encouraged at what we saw. There actually are churches out there that preach the Word of God and who live it out in their day-to-day lives, believe it or not! We have been visiting Calvary Baptist for a few months, and I will be joining tomorrow.
After two years of being a Christian, I will be baptized.

Two weeks ago, I had a very awkward, and somewhat hurtful, situation. I was hurt (emotionally, not physically) and didn't really know what to do. It was a great opening for bitterness and hate, and it was hard not to. I have never felt bitterness towards people like I did a few weeks ago. I finally realized that, you know what? People are going to be mean and hurtful and they are going to do spiteful things. And you know what else? I could overlook that. So I did, after a talk with myself.
So I'm learning to take life's bitterness with the sweet, and to embrace the life I have with open arms, because today only comes once, and I don't want to spoil it with bitterness.
So here's a picture of me enjoying life to the fullest, and grabbing onto adventures because they'll only come once. I've decided to hold onto joy, because I know I'll need it.





No comments:

Post a Comment