My raptured song shall ever be: God has been merciful to me!

9/18/16

Oh, Blessed Thought!

Since July of this year, my family and I have been searching around our hometown for a church to attend. We have visited several that we liked, and some that we felt the Lord wasn't calling us to attend there. It's difficult to ask Dad every week, "Where are we going Sunday?" I crave normalcy. I want to just go somewhere and stay there and make new friends who are Christians like me.
But sometimes it's not like that. Sometimes we go through trials. But through those trials, He leadeth me. 
A year ago this month Dad had open heart surgery. I have to admit, I kept wondering if he would make it through. I wondered if my dad would walk me down the aisle, if he would get to hold my children, if he would be there when my baby brother graduated high school. He will, of course, because he came through that with flying colors.
That was probably the hardest month of my life. But it taught me a very valuable lesson. Dependency on Christ. There is no way on this earth that I would be able to face tomorrow without Christ to lean on. He doesn't promise me normalcy, but He does promise me He will lead me. 

I know this is a very short post, but it's Sunday night and there's a cobbler in the oven. I'll leave with this wonderful hymn: 


  1. He leadeth me, O blessed thought!
    O words with heav’nly comfort fraught!
    Whate’er I do, where’er I be
    Still ’tis God’s hand that leadeth me.

    • He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
      By His own hand He leadeth me;
      His faithful foll’wer I would be,
      For by His hand He leadeth me.
  2. Sometimes ’mid scenes of deepest gloom,
    Sometimes where Eden’s bowers bloom,
    By waters still, o’er troubled sea,
    Still ’tis His hand that leadeth me.

  3. He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
    By His own hand He leadeth me;
    His faithful foll’wer I would be,
    For by His hand He leadeth me.
  4. Lord, I would place my hand in Thine,
    Nor ever murmur nor repine;
    Content, whatever lot I see,
    Since ’tis my God that leadeth me.

  5. He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
    By His own hand He leadeth me;
    His faithful foll’wer I would be,
    For by His hand He leadeth me.
  6. And when my task on earth is done,
    When by Thy grace the vict’ry’s won,
    E’en death’s cold wave I will not flee,
    Since God through Jordan leadeth me.

  7. He leadeth me, He leadeth me,
    By His own hand He leadeth me;
    His faithful foll’wer I would be,
    For by His hand He leadeth me.
Kaelan

But restful, calm and pliant, from bend and bias free,
Awaiting Thy decision, when Thou hast need of me.
Live out Thy life within me, O Jesus, King of kings!
Be Thou the glorious answer to all my questionings.

No comments:

Post a Comment