My raptured song shall ever be: God has been merciful to me!

9/14/16

Thou Chose Me

I didn't want Him as a child. I didn't want Him as a rebellious preteen. But now Christ is all I want. 
There is a phrase I love so much. "We can have as much of God as we want." There is a certain apprehensiveness that comes along with reading that, though. For a Christian, it is a glorious thing. But for the unbeliever... Well, it means the same thing as it does for the Christian. They can have as much of God as they want, too. Which is usually very little. 

I believe I am called to be a nurse. To help people, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually. I sometimes think that I am being called to be a nursing missionary. In another country. I am still praying about it. I'm still seeking God in this matter. And I've started getting the ball rolling in preparation of nursing school. I am doing a course on Advanced A&P this last year of homeschool. 
I want to work in an environment that will give me the opportunity to show people in need the love of Christ. I pray even now that people will glimpse Christ in me. 

"'Tis not I that chose Thee,
For, Lord, that could not be;
This heart would still refuse Thee
Hadst Thou not chosen me. 
Thou from the sin that stained me
Hast cleansed and set me free;
Of old Thou hast ordained me,
That I should live to Thee.

'Twad sovereign mercy called me,
And taught my opening mind;
The world had else enthralled me,
To heavenly glories blind. 
My heart owns none above Thee;
For Thy rich grace I thirst;
This knowing, if I love Thee,
Thou must have loved me first."
-Josiah Condor-

Kaelan 

No comments:

Post a Comment